General Jewellery Care
- Always store your jewellery in a soft pouch or padded box.
- Don't keep jewellery loose together, they will scratch.
- Avoid contact with water, alcohol, perfume, lotions and other chemicals.
- It's always best not to wear jewellery at the gym, while showering or to bed.
- Protect your jewellery from hitting hard surfaces.
- To quickly clean jewellery, use a soft dry cloth.
- When getting ready, put your jewellery on last.
Silver jewellery has a tendency to tarnish. To avoid an oxidized surface on silver jewellery, keep them in an airtight box or drawer. If it's already happened, buy specific jewellery cleaning kits from any jewellery shop.
Gold jewellery doesn't tarnish but can get very dirty. The best way to clean gold jewellery is by using a soft toothbrush and mild dishwashing liquid. Allow to dry on a towel.
Jewellery with Gemstones
Jewellery with gemstones need special care. Depending on the material, there are certain things to consider:
- Too much sun can cause damage over time and cause the gemstones' color to fade. Ex. Amethyst, Kunzite, Topaz and Pink Conch-Shell Cameos. Pearls and Ivory can be bleached by extreme sun exposure.
- Strong chemicals can discolor many gem materials. Never dive into the pool with gemstone jewellery or clean while wearing them.
- Never keep gemstones of varying hardness close to each other. Store them separately in fabric pouches, since gemstones of same hardness or harder can scratch or even cause the material to chip.
- Porous gemstone materials such as Turquoise, Jadeite and even Pearls and Opals must be protected from lotions, perfumes and other strong liquids we use daily.
If you have any questions about how to better care for your jewellery, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org